Friday, March 20, 2009

memories.

oh it was good to open up a storage container under my bed and pull out a spring designed blanket. The worst part was curling under my covers and getting a wiff of something I had forgot about. Oh, the smell of home. A place I haven't been in over 6 months. A place I miss and will never get to come back to. The smell was so strong it reminded me of my bed, and my room, and the sunshine shining through the blinds onto my eyes waking me up in the morning. This one smell reminded me of everything that I miss, everything that contributed to who I am. I miss my yellow walls, and the birds I painted on my wall. I know these are all tangible things I can always replace, but I can't replace that smell. That smell I miss along with being in high school and having grandparents to fully rely on. I miss it all. I miss it. I miss sneaking out at night to the backyard, to look at the moon. To light up and feel the warm breeze. I miss being in my room and the plush carpet I could sleep on. I don't know what to think, time went by so fast. How have I been here for so long? I feel like I jumped into this college thing faster than I could handle. I'm happy where I am now, but there's things that make me miss living in my house and the sweet details that came with that. Oh home. Home. Home. Home.

No comments: